Call 561.310.0061 or 561.248.3722
Ansley & Jay Ellmyer
TRAVEL TO SPANISH WELLS:
The following airlines fly to North Eleuthera (ELH) from Miami (MIA) and/or Fort Lauderdale (FLL): American Eagle, United, Sky Bahamas, Bahamas Air, Sothern Air and Pinneapple air.
HELPFUL TIPS AND TRICKS:
• You can fly direct, or through Nassau.
• We do not recommend taking the Bo Hengy Fast Ferry from Nassau to Spanish Wells, unless you plan to spend a night in Nassau.
• Upon arriving at the North Eleuthera Airport (ELH), you will be met by David Pinder, Taxi 146.
• David will transport you to Gene's Bay Ferry Dock, about 10 miles. The cost of the taxi is around $30, depending on the number in your party.
• The ferry to Spanish Wells cost about $4.00 per person each way, and takes about 7 minutes to get to the island. Once you reach Spanish Wells, our caretaker, Johnny Underwood, will meet your party. He will take you and your luggage to the house, about 2 miles away.
• Feel free to ask Johnny any questions about the island. If you have reserved a golf cart from Johnny, it will most likely already be at the house.
TRANSPORTATION WHILE ON THE ISLAND:
• The transportation of choice for most people on the island is a golf cart. You can rent them for $250 per week. Please let us know if you wish to reserve one for your stay.
• Bikes are provided at the Villa for your use.
• The exchange rate for U.S. dollars is 1:1, however, all stores and services on the island accept both U.S. and Bahamian money.
• Make sure to bring cash, as some of the restaurants on Spanish Wells do not take credit cards. You will also need cash to pay for golf cart & boat rentals.
• There is an ATM machine located in the RBC bank next to the Food Fair grocery store on 18th St.
GROCERY STORES AND FOOD TIPS:
• There are three grocery stores on the island. Food Fair, the full-size grocery store, is located a few blocks from Summer Breeze. The other two are about the size of a convenience store.
• Food Fair is open Monday - Saturday, but closes early 1 pm(approximately noon) on Wednesdays. All grocery stores are closed on Sundays. If you are planning to arrive on a Sunday, please let us know what items to ask our caretaker to pick up for you.
• Please be aware that most items on the island are fairly expensive, compared to prices in the States.
• Due to the cost of items on the island, if you are traveling within one day to get to Spanish Wells, you may consider packing a cooler with meats. Check your airline, however, for any restrictions and requirements for taking a cooler.
• We also recommend filling your luggage with favorite dry goods (i.e. muffin mix, seasonings, etc.). Paper towels are also fairly pricey, so it is a good idea to put a few rolls in your luggage.
• You can drink the tap water, but it tends to be a bit salty. Bottled water can be purchased at the grocery store.